Sunday, March 8, 2009

HOME IN IMOGENE


This photo was taken of myself, my sister Carolyn and our Dad. I was between 2 and 3 years old and Carolyn was between 1 and 2.
The picture was taken in Imogene Iowa. Everything that was there on that property is gone. The house burned and I returned several years ago and walked the property and found nothing. No landmarks and it was then I decided the place would exist only in my memory. Next to me was the pump we used as our water source. In the background is a building we called the barn, used mostly to raise chickens. To the right of Carolyn is a place we called the cave where vegetables and canned goods were stored in the winter and where we would go in case of a severe thunderstorm. This photo brings back a lot of memoriew to me.

5 comments:

Tony and Lisa said...

Dad,
You were such an adorable little guy! And Grandpa was sooo handsome! I love this picture.
Love,
Lisa

Kathy said...

This photo is wonderful! Memories can be so neat and so comforting.

You and Carolyn were so cute! I wish I could have known your Dad & Carolyn longer, I sure do miss them, I know you do too!

Keep these memories & photos coming!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa,
I love this picture! You and Carolyn didn't seem to change much, just got bigger. :) Both of you were so cute and I'll second Aunt Lisa's comment on grandpa being handsome. Love ya!

J-Funk said...

Grandpa, I love your cute little overalls! You were a classy guy. I'm glad you remember the place so well, and that you could find this picture to show us at least some of it.

Anonymous said...

I'm letting you known that i am leading worship at our church this Sunday! ;)

Love you!