Sunday, February 1, 2009


I remember hearing her in Phoenix as the Doctor performed the ultra sound.

I remember going the Phoenis and taking her on her first stroller ride.


I remember her calling us and telling us her pet fish had died.

I remember taking her to Villisca to visit family when she was five years old and, going to the cemetaryshe noticed a grave stone with the name WEBER and asking whether or not it was her WEBER.
On this same trip, to pass the time, we made up a game we called POLICEMAN---POLICEMAN which we played all the way there and back.

I remember walking the trail with her and finding an appropriate stick to anihilate the tall weeds.

I remember going to Montreal and going to a maple sugaring=of with she and I sitting in the back of the station wagon and that it was so foggy we couldn’t see.


I remember her being a little girl who made me very proud to be her Grandpa.

Now comes a new chapter in our lives.

She and Joe informed us last evening that she was pregnant.

What a wonderful day it will be when the baby arrives.

I will be proud when this child arrives and I will be very proud to be the child’s Great Grandpa.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Aw, Grandpa....so sweet!!! I love this...and I love you SO MUCH!!! It was wonderful to see you this weekend...

love, hugs and kisses!!

Girl Detective said...

I just read all your blogs. You are such a good writer; thanks for sharing all the stories!

Wendy

Anonymous said...

hard to type through the tears!!! congratulations, Great Grandpa! :) love you!

Robbyn said...

Great post, How sweet! Congratulations to all of you on what is to be the newest member of your family!

Tony and Lisa said...

You are such a stupendous Grandpa and I know you will be an even more-stupendous Great Grandpa!!
But I get the first stroller ride this time!:)
I love you,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

This was such a sweet post, and made me tear up of course! When Liz called me, I asked if they had told you guys and if you had shed a few tears...I'm so excited for you! You're the best grandpa and will be an excellent great grandpa. Congrats!

Sarah Banowetz said...

Congrats!!! -Sarah Banowetz

Kathy said...

It's so hard to read this with all the tears! I am so happy for all of you!

I had a great time with my folks, I miss them so much, and am missing Doug a lot today.

I love you! Congrats!